ДЕЙСТВИТЕЛЬНЫЙ ЧЛЕН (АКАДЕМИК) РАОиФН ИМЕНИ АК. М.В. ЛОМОНОСОВА (2020), ДОКТОР ПЕДАГОГИЧЕСКИХ НАУК, ДОКТОР ФИЛОСОФИИ (Ph.D).
FULL MEMBER (ACADEMICIAN) OF THE RUSSIAN ACADEMY OF FUNDAMENTAL AND SOCIAL SCIENCES NAMED AFTER ACADEMICIAN M.V. LOMONOSOV (2020), DOCTOR OF PEDAGOGY AND DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY.
Maria Strenacikova studied Mathematics and Music education at Faculty of Humanities and Natural Sciences at the University of Presov (1999) in Slovakia. In music, she focused on piano playing. She participated at international music courses Music without borders in Hungary. She completed further studies in music education: Doctor in Music Education PaedDr. (2001) and PhD (2006) at the University of Matej Bel in Banska Bystrica. After teaching at the Conservatory of Jan Levoslav Bella in Banska Bystrica, she gained precious experience in the United States, where she he worked at various high schools in New York City. During 2003-2007, she attended courses at American Universities (Alfred University (New York City), Touro College (New York City), City University of New York (New York City), Montgomery College (Rockville, Maryland). After return to Slovakia, she completed Additional pedagogical studies in piano teaching at the Academy of Arts in Banska Bystrica (2012) and finished her masters in Teaching Pedagogy and Psychology at the University of Matej Bel in Banska Bystrica (2019). Currently, she is working on her Masters in Psychology.
She works at the Faculty of Music Arts at the Academy of Arts and also at the Conservatory of Jan Levoslav Bella in Banska Bystrica.
Total experience of scientific and pedagogical work: 18 years.
Her publications are scientific monographs (3), chapters in scientific monographs (2) textbooks for students (12), articles in journals (16), papers in conference proceedings (39) etc., all together cca. 100 contributions. She also performs editorial works and reviews. She works as a member of various editorial boards.
She participates at scientific conferences (Slovakia, Czech Republic, Ukrajine, Hungary, Poland, Bulgaria), guarants domestic conferences, organizes foreign mobilities for students, cooperates with teachers college as a teacher leader, is a member of exam juries at graduation exams, clerk at national music competitions.
She is a member of various organizations, such as Association of music teachers in Slovakia, Czech society for music physiology and medicine of musicians, European Association for Music Schools, Art-Baroque Association in Saratov State Conservatory.
Konzervatórium Jána Levoslava Bellu v Banskej Bystrici 1992 – 2017; 25 rokov – desiatky pedagógov – stovky žiakov – tisícky vystúpení [Conservatory of Jan Levoslav Bella in Banska Bystrica; 25 years – tens of teachers – hundreds of students – thousands of performances]. 2017. Banska Bystrica: PRO-Konzervatorium, n.f. vo vydavatelstve PRO, s.r.o.
Co-author of monograph:
- Vocal Works of Slovak Composers. (co-author with Maria Strenacikova Sr.) 2014. Zlín: Nakladatelství Alisa Group, Zlín, Czech Republic.
- Banskobystrické konzervatórium 1992 – 2017[Conservatory in Banska Bystrica 1992 — 2017]. 2017. (co-author with Tibor Sedlicky) Reprezentative publication on 25. Anniversary of the establishment of the Conservatory of Jan Levoslav Bella in Banska Bystrica]. Pro-Konzervatorium, n.f. vo vydavatelstve PRO, s.r.o.
- Diskurz o relácii medzi edukáciou a inteligenciou (u žiactva konzervatória a gymnázia). [Discourse on the relationship between education and intelligence (in conservatory and general education school students)]. 2019. (co-author with Vlasta Belkova). Banska Bystrica: Akadémia umení v Banskej Bystrici, Fakulta múzických umení.
Part of the monograph:
- Technologies in Slovak online education – remote learning during tthe COVID-19 pandemic. 2020. In Modern Innovative and Information Technologies in educational processes. Monograph 38. Katowice (Poland): University of Technology. ISBN 978-83-957298-5-0. p. 101-108.
- Teacher trainer in professional music education – professional musician or music teacher? 2019. In Modern Technologies in Education. Collective Scientific Monograph. Opole: The Academy of Management and Administration in Opole, Wyższa Szkoła Zarządzania i Administracji w Opolu; Edited by Wojciech Duczmal, Iryna Ostopolets. p. 145-158, 2019. Opole. Available at: http://pedagogika.wszia.opole.pl/ebook/2019
- Music in Slovakia in the socialist era — the topic for education of contemporary youth. 2019. In The role of culture and art in social and humanitarian development of modern society. Ľvov (Ukraine): Liha-Pres, 2019. ISBN 978-966-397-132-2, p. 55-79
- Selected dimensional aspects of performance music education (in Slovakia). 2019. In Culture and Arts in the educational process of the modernity, p. 98-120. Ľvov (Ukrainr): Liha-Pres. DOI https://doi.org/10.36059/978-966-397-143-8/98-120
- Mikuláš Schneider-Trnavský in the context of the Slovak Music of the 20th Century. In In the Labyrinth of (Musical) Art.Sosnowiec, Poland: Oficyna wydawnicza HUMANITAS. p. 85-102.
- Creativity and Art in Education. 2016. In Transgressions in artistic education. Person – Music – Art.Jelenia Góra: Karkonoska Państwowa Szkoła Wyższa w Jeleniej Górze, Poland. p. 35–58.
- Trends in Music Education – Conservatories in Slovakia. 2016. In Monografia Współczesne trendy w gospodarce i sektorze publicznym, Podstawowe tendencje w sektorze publicznym. Chapter 2.3. Opole, Poland: Wyższa Szkoła Zarządzania i administracji w Opolu. p. 106–113.